10 For The Pros comes back with one of the founding members of Image Comics. Mr. Savage Dragon himself Erik J Larsen!!
10 For the Pros
Erik J Larsen – Artist/Writer
1. What are you working on (creatively) right now?
Savage Dragon, Image United and the Next Issue Project among others.
2. If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
Flight. Other powers are impressive–but nothing’s more impressive than flight.
3. Do you have a routine that you follow before or during work?
I do not. Not really.
4. Who is your favorite creator to work with?
There have been a few inkers whose work I enjoy tremendously but I never really developed a close working relationship with much of anybody other than the colorists and letterers I’ve worked with. All of those have been terrific.
5. In your opinion, do you feel that the movie industry is doing a
good job with the Comic Book movies?
6. What comic book hero/villain do you want to see on screen?
7. Which part of your job do you find most stressful?
Deadlines. That frantic dash to the finish. Really–at some point it’s all
stressful. When the work doesn’t flow–there’s stress involved.
8. What does the future hold for Erik Larsen?
A lot more issues of Savage Dragon. I really don’t want to do anything else.
9. “My best Investment in life was…….”
Starting Image Comics and investing in myself. That’s usually the case, I find. It’s always best to invest in your own interests and passions.
10. Have anything you’d like to plug?
Savage Dragon. It’s still going strong.