10 For The Pros
Paul Pelletier – Artist
Paul Pelletier has been drawing comics professionally since 1992. Over the last 18 year, he’s penciled books like Ex-mutants, Flash, Green Lantern, Negation, Fantastic Four and She Hulk for various companies, such as Malibu, DC Comics, Crossgen and Marvel Comics. He is now under the exclusive contract with Marvel, and is drawing the Incredible Hulk. Paul lives in Tampa with his wonderful wife Danette, and their two cats, Moxie and Marino.
1. What comic (character) would you love to have total creativity control over? And why?
(PP) Heck, I’m just a penciler so I’ll draw anything. I guess it doesn’t really matter to me.
2. If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
(PP) To physically add more hours to the day.
3. Do you have a routine that you follow before or during work?
(PP) I enjoy listening to hard rock/heavy metal music and progressive talk radio when I work.
4. Who is your favorite creator to work with?
(PP) Probably Dan Slott…..Tony Bedard is a close second.
5. In your opinion, do you feel that the movie industry is doing a good job with the Comic Book movies?
6. What comic book hero/villain do you want to see on screen?
(PP) Power Man and Iron Fist would be neat.
7. “If I wasn’t in the comic book industry, I would be working….”?
(PP) Something involved in music.
8. What advice could you give a creator trying to break into the industry?
(PP) If you love what you do, you’ll keep working at it, no matter what!
9. “My best Investment in life was…….”
(PP) Getting married.
10. Have anything you’d like to plug?
(PP)Incredible Hulk…my latest project!
Who were your influences breaking into the Industry?
(PP) John Byrne, Alan Davis and Dale Keown
Digital or Paper?
Thank you Paul!