His work has graced the pages of books like Dark Horse’s Ghost and DC Comics The Justice League. In recent years he’s become primarily a cover artist, with his artwork featured on books like Red Sonja, assorted Star Wars books, a run of nearly 50 consecutive Wonder Woman covers and more recently his monthly title Catwoman.
Welcome to 10 for the Pros ™ Mr. Hughes!
10 for the Pros
Adam Hughes – Artist
Click on banner below to check out the official AH! web site….
1. What comic (character) would you love to have total creativity control over? And why?
(AH!) Catwoman. So she could be bit more awesome.
2. If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
(AH!) Jedi Wind trick.
3. Do you have a routine that you follow before or during work?
(AH!) I follow a strict regimen of panic and desperation on every assignment.
4. Who is your favorite creator to work with?
(AH!) Myself, because he is easy to be around.
5. In your opinion, do you feel that the movie industry is doing a good job with the Comic Book movies?
(AH!) Sure. The ratio of good to bad comic movies is much greater than it used to be, and the exposure is good for the industry.
6. What comic book hero/villain do you want to see on screen?
(AH!) Catwoman. It’s a shame they haven’t made a movie about her yet.
7. “If I wasn’t in the comic book industry, I would be working….”?
(AH!) …………On not being such a welfare case.
8. What advice could you give a creator trying to break into the industry?
(AH!) Be patient, and don’t get frustrated.
9. “My Best investment in life was……”
(AH!) Playboy magazine.
10. Have anything you’d like to plug?
(AH!) I have a leaky window in my sunroom. Wait I have a coffee table book coming out in June too!
Who were your influences breaking into the Industry?
(AH!) Steve rude, Dave Stevens, John Byrne.
Digital or Paper?