Well, I grew up in Beltsville, Maryland(Between Laurel and College Park), Right by the USDA (United StatesDepartment of Agriculture) and BARC (Beltsville Agricultural ResearchCenter). In fact, I married the daughter of one of the senior scientists at BARC.
I attended High Point High School (1986-1990), then Prince Georges County College (1990-1993). I transferred to University of Maryland School of Nursing in downtown Baltimore. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 1996. Why nursing, you say? Simple. To meet women, and I look good in white. While attending University of Maryland Nursing School, I drew a daily comic strip, UNIVERSITY2 (pronounced University Squared) for the student newspaper at the University of Maryland main campus in College Park. This college strip eventually put me on the road to syndication.
LIBERTY MEADOWS was created in Baltimore, Maryland while I was finishing up my last semester of nursing school (In an interesting twist, LIBERTY MEADOWS was picked up by the Washington Post, but not by the Baltimore Sun newspaper). The strip is now in 30 newspapers, 5 countries and numerous websites.
Welcome to 10 for the Pros™ Mr. Cho!
10 for the Pros™
Frank Cho – Artist
Click on banner below to be directed to the official Frank Cho page.
1. What comic (character) would you love to have total creativity control over? And why?
(FC) Marvel: Spider-Man. One of the greatest superheroes ever. DC: Powergirl, for obvious reasons.
2. If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
(FC) Control molecules like molecule man.
3. Do you have a routine that you follow before or during work?
(FC) I like listening to audio books when I work.
4. Who is your favorite creator to work with?
(FC) Al Williamson.
5. In your opinion, do you feel that the movie industry is doing a good job with the Comic Book movies?
6. What comic book hero/villain do you want to see on screen?
7. “If I wasn’t in the comic book industry, I would be working….”?
(FC) …..in an art gallery as a western art painter.
8. What advice could you give a creator trying to break into the industry?
(FC) Don’t do it.
9. “My Best investment in life was……”
(FC) Learning how to draw hot women.
10. Have anything you’d like to plug?
(FC) www.apesandbabes.com. I update it every Wednesday & Sunday with my art and sketches, uncensored.
Who were your influences breaking into the Industry?
Al Williamson, Fran Frazetta, Don Newton and John Buscema.
Digital or Paper?