10 Questions with Alvin Lee
(Bio taken from www.alvinleeart.com)
Alvin Lee began his comic book career at the age of 17, eventually maturing into a renowned veteran of the industry. Alvin is one of the few North American born comic book artists still presently involved in the anime/manga movement. He has worked with several comic book publishers including Image Comics, DC Comics / Wildstorm, Darkhorse, Dreamwave Productions, Marvel Comics amongst many others and also co-founded Udon Entertainment. Some of these titles include Deadpool, Agent X, X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, Gen 13, Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes and most notably his revival of the Street Fighter comic book series. His talent has also led to the game art of two Capcom videogame titles, Capcom Fighting Jam and the re-release of Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix for the Xbox 360. Recently, Alvin has also taken an interest in educating, developing a tutorial DVD for Gnomon Workshop and launching an unprecedented, online comic book art course with Schoolism.com.
Welcome to 10 for the Pros Mr. Lee!
10 for the Pros
Alvin Lee– Artist
Click on the banner to be directed to the official Alvin Lee Web Page.
1. What comic (character) would you love to have total creativity control over? And why?
(AL) Wolverine, He’s a badass w/attitude & his solo movie needs justice!
2. If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
(AL) Super strength , then join the UFC!
3. Do you have a routine that you follow before or during work?
(AL) I must have vitamin water energy before & listen to good music during.
4. Who is your favorite creator to work with?
(AL) Gail Simone, she’s a funny gal!
5. In your opinion, do you feel that the movie industry is doing a good job with the Comic Book movies?
(AL) Yes, especially the Batman franchise. Christopher Nolan is on fire.
6. What comic book hero/villain do you want to see on screen?
(AL) Ninja scroll in live action would be killer.
7. “If I wasn’t in the comic book industry, I would be working….”?
(AL) Preferably in film.
8. What advice could you give a creator trying to break into the industry?
(AL) Draw constantly & attend as many shows as possible!
9. “My Best investment in life was……”
(AL) My first comic book, my life has never been the same again.
10. Have anything you’d like to plug?
(AL) For anything & everything Alvin lee, check Alvinleeart.com!
Who were your influences breaking into the Industry?
(AL) Jim Lee, Joe Mad, Bengus Akiman, Mark Silvestri, Steven Platt, Todd McFarlane.
Digital or Paper?
(AL) Paper all the way!