Mike McKone of Avengers Academy #1 coming out on 6/3/10 stops by the rapid fire 10 For The Pros!
10 For the Pros
Mike McKone – Artist/Inker
Michael “Mike” McKone is an American comic book artist. McKone’s first published works for the major companies included DC Comics’ Justice League of America and Justice League International for DC Comics and The Punisher War Zone for Marvel Comics. However, it was his work on Marvel’s Exiles which brought him instant attention, and led him to work on two of DC’s Teen Titans and Marvel’s Fantastic Four. …..And now Marvel’s Heroic Age will bring Mike McKone and writer Christos Gage together for Avengers Academy #1 on 6/3/10. Be there!
1. What comic (character) would you love to have total creativity control over? And why?
(MM) Captain Britain – Loved the Alan Moore interpretation and I’d want to reintroduce his Captain Britain.
2. If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?
3. Do you have a routine that you follow before or during work?
(MM) I wash my hands constantly.
4. Who is your favorite creator to work with?
(MM) Christos Gage.
5. In your opinion, do you feel that the movie industry is doing a good job with the Comic Book movies?
6. What comic book hero/villain do you want to see on screen?
7. “If I wasn’t in the comic book industry, I would be working….”?
(MM) I’d be a Forest Ranger.
8. What advice could you give a creator trying to break into the industry?
(MM) Movies pay more.
9. “My Best investment in life was……”
(MM) Rotring Drawing Template.
10. Have anything you’d like to plug?
(MM) Avengers Academy.
Who were your influences breaking into the Industry?
Digital or Paper?
Thank you Mike! Now check out some shots from the Avengers Academy #1 coming out 6/3/10!!